Many smartphone owners experience applications quitting automatically. In this blog, we explain what can cause these errors. We also share three simple steps you can take to help stop apps from shutting down by themselves.
1. Network access issues. Many apps rely on internet access. If your Wi-Fi connection is not stable, your app may quit.
2. Errors in the application. If an error occurs in the app, it may shut down automatically to resolve the problem.
3. Excessive load on the processor and memory consumption. If you install and use a lot of applications on your device, you risk overloading the processor. This can make the software unstable and cause applications to crash.
1. Firstly, update the application that suddenly quit. It’s vital to keep applications up-to-date as program updates will often contain fixes and patches to prevent problems. To do this, head to your Play Store application (android). Click to select the three-dash icon and then open “Settings”. Select the app that you want to update. Alternatively, you can select Auto-update all apps.
2. Delete old apps you don’t use to free up memory on your phone. Storing a large number of applications on your phone will take up a lot of memory space. If your device is running out of space, it’s time to remove applications that you no longer need or use. To do this, open your Play Store application. Select “My Apps” and click “Installed”. If you look at the top of the window, you can filter your results by selecting “Recently Used.” Use this to find out which apps you no longer need to keep and delete them. This should prevent your phone freezing due to lack of memory, and also speed up the loading of your existing apps.
3. Clear the cache and application data. You should also clear the cache and data on your phone on a regular basis to help to improve performance. To do this, go to “Settings” and open the “Applications” tab. Look through the list until you can find the application that is automatically shutting itself down. Click to open “Memory” and then select the “Clear Data “ and “Clear Cache” options.