There is probably nothing more annoying for a smartphone user than the moments when the phone hangs up. How to deal with a phone not responding to commands? Read this post and find out.
What to do when an Android phone hangs up?
When an Android phone is unresponsive, you should do a soft reset of the device (see also: How to reset your phone?). Most smartphones with this operating system (e.g. Samsung, HTC, Xiaomi, LG or Huawei), reboot as follows:
1. Hold down the power button and volume up button simultaneously for about 10 - 15 seconds.
2. When the manufacturer's logo appears on the screen, this means that the phone is rebooting, and you need to wait for a while.
3. When the phone restarts, you can use the device again.
Some Android phone models reboot slightly differently. So if the above doesn't work, try the following combinations:
1. Hold down the power button for about 15 seconds.
2. When the manufacturer's logo appears on the screen and the phone turns on again after a while, this means that the process has been successful.
3. However, if the above did not work, try holding down the power and volume down buttons at the same time, for about 10 - 15 seconds.
What should I do if my iPhone hangs up and is not responding?
If your iPhone has crashed, then, as with Android phones, you need to reboot it. To do this, follow the steps below:
1. Hold down the wake button and Home button simultaneously, for about 10 seconds.
2. When the Apple logo appears on the screen, this indicates that the iPhone is rebooting.
3. When the device turns off and on again, you will be able to use it.
As you can see, performing a smartphone reboot is not complicated, so the next time your phone hangs up, you will be able to deal with the problem at any time. If your phone has started to hang up more and more often, take a look at the advice in the article: What to do when your phone keeps freezing?