No sound error is a pretty common one among Android devices. In today's article, we are going to describe the three most common problems with playing a sound in smartphones and advise how to fix the errors.
If the headphones are not plugged in but their icon is still present on the phone's screen that means that the phone got stuck in headphones’ mode. In such a case, we do not hear any sound from the smartphone until we plug in the headphones. This problem can be solved in the following ways:
• increasing volume in the smartphone: press the increase volume button on the phone, that would allow him to move out of the silent mode
• plugging the headphones in again: try to plug and unplug headphones a few times and then restart the phone. Check whether the headphones icon disappears from the screen.
• cleaning the headphones jack: headphones jack can be covered in dust or be dirty so clean it up with a soft brush or use a compressed air pump. • rebooting the device - turn off and again on the smartphone or remove and reattach battery to it.
• restoring factory phone settings - make a backup of any important files and go to option Settings > System > Backup copy and reset > Restore factory settings > Phone reset (the names might be slightly different depending on owned smartphone model)
If the phone is not making any sound, that means ringing, music, and notifications can not be heard the reason for this might be hidden within the software. You can try to fix the error with the following actions:
• rebooting the smartphone: rebooting an Android phone is enough to refresh the device.
• turning off Bluetooth - sometimes Bluetooth might cause speaker problems. Go to Settings > Device connections > Bluetooth (names can be slightly different depending on the smartphone model).
• restoring phone factory settings - restoring device's factory settings can be an efficient way of solving the majority of problems with Android software.
Smartphone users sometimes complain that their devices are turning silent during calls or turning on the silent mode by themselves. This case might be caused by third-party apps or unneeded files within the cache. This problem can be solved in two ways:
• by uninstalling the harmful application - if the problem has recently appeared uninstall the recently installed application.
• by cleaning the cache from unneeded files - download a cache files cleaner application, for example, App Cache Cleaner. Check whether after using the application problem persists.
If regardless of using solutions above smartphone still does not make any sound that means that the device got mechanically damaged. In such a case, we recommend a visit to an authorized service in which specialists will repair damaged components.