You can keep your contacts when you switch to a new phone by making sure numbers are stored on your SIM card. Here’s how to do it quickly and effortlessly.
You have a choice of options to transfer contact numbers onto your new phone:
1. To transfer numbers from your phone to a SIM card, you need to open Contacts. Then scroll to find the tab "Import / Export" >> "Export to SIM".
You can follow the same steps to download numbers to a new phone. This time select the "Import to SIM" function.
2. If you have a Google account and the "Automatically sync data" option is active, your contacts are automatically saved in the cloud. To access them, log in to your Google account on your new smartphone, and it will download the data previously saved on your account.
3. Contacts on a new phone can also be transferred via Bluetooth. Find out how by reading our article How to transfer contacts from your phone via Bluetooth
If you have an Apple device, you can’t save contacts onto the SIM card. Instead, you can use iCloud to transfer data from your previous iPhone to your new one.
How to transfer your iCloud backup to your new device
1. Turn on your new device. A "Hello" screen should appear. If you've already set up your new device, you need to erase it before you can use these steps.
2. Follow the steps until you see the WiFi screen.
3. Tap a WiFi network to join. Follow the steps until you see the Apps & Data screen, then tap Restore from iCloud Backup.
4. Sign in to iCloud with your Apple ID and password.
5. When asked, choose a backup. Make sure that it's the correct one by checking the date and size of each.
6. If you purchased iTunes or App Store content using multiple Apple IDs, you're asked to sign in to each. If you can’t remember the passwords, you can skip this step by tapping "Don't have an Apple ID or forgot it".
7. Stay connected and wait for the restore process to finish, then complete the rest of the onscreen setup steps. If possible, keep your device connected to WiFi and plugged into power after setup. This allows content like your photos, music, and apps stored in iCloud to download back to your device automatically.