Your phone holds large amounts of data, including photos and contacts. If something happens to your phone and you lose that data, it can be a big headache. That’s why it’s a good idea to regularly backup the data on your iPhone. It’s also essential to backup data on your iPhone before you reset it or have it serviced or you could lose all your files. Here are two easy ways to safely backup the data on your Apple iPhone.
The first option is to backup your iPhone using iTunes. This is what you need to do:
2. Find the iPhone icon and click it.
3. When the iPhone view opens, select “Backups” and then select “This computer” from the options.
4. Click on the “Archive now” button. If you had installed applications on your phone that were not installed by iTunes, you will be asked if you want to back those up. Once you confirm, the backup will start.
5. Depending on the size of the files being backed up, this process can take some time.
For additional security, you can encrypt the data that you have backed up through iTunes. If the computer or hard disk where you saved your data is stolen, encrypting data means no one can access it.
To encrypt data in iTunes:
1. Connect your iPhone to your computer with a USB cable and run iTunes.
2. In the iPhone view, select “Backups” and then select “Encrypt iPhone backup” from the options.
3. Enter a password and repeat it. This password will be used to decrypt the backup if you need it.
Another way to backup your iPhone is to use iCloud Archive. This offers a more limited backup compared to iTunes as you cannot save all files. For example movies, music, and applications that were not purchased through iTunes or the App Store cannot be copied. However, this option does let you perform a backup without needing a computer. All you need is internet access via Wi-Fi and enough storage space on iCloud. iPhone owners have 5GB free space in iCloud with the option to purchase additional space if needed.
To backup your iPhone in the iCloud Archive:
1. Go to “Settings”.
2. Find and select the link to iCloud in the list.
3. In iCloud, find and select “Archive”.
After following these instructions, your iPhone will automatically backup over Wi-Fi.