If you want to protect your privacy, it’s simple to clear your browser data on your smartphone without losing any other data. Whether you have an Apple or Android device, here’s your step-by-step guide on how to delete the history on your phone.
Follow these steps to delete the history on Android phones:
1. Open the web browser on your phone. For example, Chrome or Internet Explorer.
2. Press the three dots in the upper right corner.
3. Select “Settings”.
4. Go to the “Privacy” tab.
5. Select “Clear browsing data” / “Delete personal data”.
6. In the first field, choose the dates for the history you want to erase. For example, you might choose everything up to last week or up to yesterday.
7. Check the box marked “Browsing history”. It’s also a good idea to delete cached cookies and images to really clear out your phone.
8. Click to “Clear data”.
If you want to delete the history from your iPhone, here’s what you need to do:
1. Go to “Settings”.
2. Select your internet browser.
3. Select “Erase history”.
4. Click to “Erase cookies and data”.
Follow these tips to increase your privacy when you’re accessing the internet from your smartphone.
• Google will often suggest the last searched phrase when you type to search. To delete an unwanted hint, press and hold on it with your finger. When the message appears, click “delete”.
• If you have a Google account in a browser on your computer and your phone, they will sync. That means pages you have visited on your phone will show on your computer too and vice versa. For optimum privacy, remember to log out.
• As well as deleting history, it’s a good idea to clear recently opened apps. Their windows may contain previews of recently visited pages.
• If you don’t want your browser to remember what you’ve been looking at, use Incognito mode. This is the best way to stay private on the internet, although your history can still be accessed, for example by your internet service provider. Incognito mode is available on almost all browsers.